Victoria’s Secret & Co. debuts
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio, Aug. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Victoria’s Secret & Co. (:VSCO) today announced the launch of VS&Co Essentials, a program designed to support women and young adults in need by providing essential quality underwear products. The new program aims to provide more than one million women and young adults with essential underwear by 2025, in line with the company’s ongoing mission to empower and uplift women at every stage of life. life.
VS&Co Essentials will begin with a donation of nearly one million panties to distribute to approximately 140,000 women across the country. Each recipient will receive a week’s supply of panties for a total of seven pairs each. For this initial donation, VS&Co has partnered with I Support The Girls, a Maryland-based nonprofit that collects and distributes essential items nationwide to people experiencing homelessness, poverty or distress. The program comes at a time when I Support The Girls has seen a 35% increase in requests for essential products.
“Since becoming a new independent company, we have been focused on using our platform to become one of the leading advocates for women,” said Leslie Nixon, associate vice president of relationships. communities at Victoria’s Secret & Co.” Partnering with non-profit organizations like I Support The Girls allows us to extend this mission in ways that are natural to our company and its values. Ensuring access to products necessities such as quality underwear is one way to help women feel more confident and supported as they try to overcome life’s obstacles.
The program will expand internationally in 2023, with plans to include donations of period panties and mastectomy bras, both at home and abroad.
“We are honored to launch this new, ongoing partnership with Victoria’s Secret & Co. While so much has changed over the past few years, the need for vital essentials has not changed. The VS&Co Essentials program will be able to reach even more people in need and have a monumental impact for years to come,” said Dana Marlowe, Founder and Executive Director of I Support The Girls.
As the program grows, VS&Co will tap into a growing list of like-minded nonprofit partners to help fulfill its mission. VS&Co welcomes accredited 501(c)3 organizations interested in joining these efforts to support women in need to apply here.
For more information on VS&Co Essentials, please visit: https://www.victoriassecretandco.com/community/product-donations-vsco-essentials.
About Victoria’s Secret & Co.
Victoria’s Secret & Co. (:VSCO) is a Fortune 500 specialty retailer offering fashion-inspired modern collections including bras, briefs, lingerie, casual sleepwear, activewear and swimwear , as well as award-winning prestige fragrances and body care. VS&Co is made up of market-leading brands, Victoria’s Secret and Victoria’s Secret PINK, who share a common goal to inspire and uplift our customers at every stage of their lives. We are committed to empowering our more than 30,000 associates across a global footprint of over 1,350 retail stores in over 70 countries. We provide our customers with products and experiences that make them feel good inside and out while driving positive change through the power of our products, platform and advocacy.
About I Support Girls
Through an international network of affiliates, I Support The Girls collects and distributes essential items, including bras, underwear and menstrual hygiene products, enabling women and those experiencing homelessness, impoverishment or distress to stand up with dignity. I Support The Girls collects donations of new and gently used bras, as well as individually sealed tampons and maxi pads and distributes them to girls and women in the United States and around the world. Whether homeless, refugees, in transitional housing or fleeing domestic violence, women and girls should never have to compromise on dignity. I Support The Girls partners with over 3,600 approved organizations and to date over 1,900,000 girls and women have been able to maintain their dignity through I Support The Girls product deliveries.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
We caution that any forward-looking statements (as defined in the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) contained in this press release or made by us, our management or our spokespersons involve risks and uncertainties and is subject to change. based on various factors, many of which are beyond our control. Accordingly, our future performance and financial results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding our future results of operations, the implementation and impact of our strategic plans, and our ability to achieve environmental, social and governance objectives. Words such as “estimate”, “commit”, “target”, “goal”, “project”, “plan”, “believe”, “seek”, “strive”, “expect” , “anticipate”, “intend”, “potential” and similar expressions may identify forward-looking statements. The risks associated with the following factors, among others, could affect our financial performance and cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements:
- the spin-off of Bath & Body Works, Inc. (f/k/a L Brands, Inc.) may not be exempt for US federal income tax purposes;
- loss of synergies resulting from the separation of businesses which could negatively impact our balance sheet, profit margins or earnings;
- we may not realize all of the expected benefits of the spin-off;
- general economic conditions, inflation, consumer confidence, consumer spending patterns and market disruptions, including pandemics or significant health risks, extreme weather, natural disasters, terrorist activity, financial crises, political crises or other major events, or the prospect of such events;
- the global novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had and may continue to have an adverse effect on our business and results of operations;
- the seasonality of our business;
- difficulties resulting from the turnover of corporate officers or other key positions;
- our ability to attract, develop and retain qualified associates and manage labor costs;
- our dependence on shopping mall traffic and the availability of suitable store locations on suitable terms;
- our ability to grow through new store openings and existing store renovations;
- our ability to operate and expand successfully internationally and the associated risks;
- our independent franchise, licensing, wholesale and joint venture partners;
- our direct channel activity;
- our ability to protect our reputation and the image of our brands;
- our ability to attract customers with marketing, advertising and promotional programs;
- our ability to maintain, enforce and protect our trade names, trademarks and patents;
- the highly competitive nature of the retail industry and the segments in which we operate;
- consumer acceptance of our products and our ability to successfully manage the life cycle of our brands, follow fashion trends, develop new merchandise and launch new product lines;
- our ability to source, distribute and sell goods and materials globally, including risks related to:
- political instability, environmental hazards or natural disasters;
- significant health risks or pandemics, which could lead to the closure of factories, a reduction in the workforce, a shortage of raw materials and the control or embargo of goods produced in the affected areas;
- duties, taxes and other charges;
- legal and regulatory issues;
- exchange rate volatility;
- local business practices and political issues;
- delays or disruptions in shipping and transportation and related price impacts;
- interruption due to labor disputes; and
- changing expectations regarding product safety due to new legislation;
- our geographic concentration of suppliers and distribution facilities in central Ohio and Southeast Asia;
- the ability of our suppliers to deliver products in a timely manner, meet quality standards and comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- fluctuations in freight, product inputs and energy costs, including those caused by inflation;
- our ability to adequately protect our assets against loss and theft;
- claims arising from our self-insurance;
- our ability and that of our third-party service providers to implement and maintain information technology systems and protect associated data and system availability;
- our ability to maintain the security of customer, associate, third-party and corporate information;
- stock price volatility;
- shareholder activism is important;
- our ability to maintain our credit rating;
- our ability to service or refinance our debt and maintain compliance with our debt covenants;
- our ability to comply with laws, regulations, and technology platform rules or other privacy and data security obligations;
- our ability to comply with regulatory requirements;
- legal and compliance issues; and
- taxation, trade and other regulatory matters.
Except as required by law, we assume no obligation and do not intend to publicly release any update or other revision to any of the forward-looking statements contained in this press release to reflect current circumstances. after the date of this press release or to reflect the occurrence of future events, even if experience or future events clearly indicate that the expected results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements will not occur. Further information about potential factors that could affect our results is included under “Item 1A. Risk Factors” in our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 18, 2022.
For more information, please contact:
VS&Co press relations